07 July 2009

10 Minute Post

This really takes the pressure off. 10 minutes remaining on this computer at the Mustang Library in Scottsdale, AZ. I've been searching for teaching jobs and in the last few minutes have made the decision that my mental and financial health might be better served making a push to get on as many sub lists as possible. Besides, I tell myself, this will afford me the opportunity to get another job during the evening or go to school to get a reading endorsement or a special ed. certificate. Nevermind that I haven't even finished the Master's program in MN yet: have license, will travel is the guiding principal of this venture, I guess.

I left Minnesota last Wednesday and rolled into Cheyenne early the next morning (so early it was still nighttime). I woke up early enough to walk Flick with Dad and spent Thursday with Erin cleaning up the house and taking recycling to the appropriate parking lot. clm and CLM when to pick the Mom up at DIA. She was flying in for an appointment for clm (apparently quite successful--this doc not resigned to clm's having chronic fatigue and ordered up some more tests). That evening we watched Eddie Izzard and ate Papa Murphy's pizza while we tried to stay awake to receive Aunt Kate and Uncle Joe and their two pups.

2 minutes. Decided to spend Thursday in Cheyenne as well and didn't leave until nearly 11am on Friday. Next post: hanging out with the fam & driving to Santa Fe.

No comments: