13 October 2008

Still hangin' on!

Hi all.  I'm up late trying to make something impressive for the tough-to-please writers in my second "mod"...that's "hour" to everyone I know.  I will be showing them a clip of the movie, "Stranger Than Fiction" tomorrow in which Queen Latifah's assistant character gives Emma Thompson's writer character the business (something like: I've helped 20 authors complete 35 books and I have never asked the publisher to extend a deadline.  I don't like loud music, I won't tolerate narcotics, but I will help you finish your book...)  Anyway, they are suckers for film clips and I know they haven't seen this one and most of them will think it's lame, but it serves my purposes exactly and I'm quite sure I'll nab a couple of 'em by comparing myself to Queen Latifah!
Here's a picture from the brunch the Sunday after ncd's youngest brother's wedding last weekend.  Sweet--there's an ephelant on the coffee carafe!  

I'm more than halfway done with my student teaching placement and almost halfway done with the part where I teach full-time.  Last week, my cooperating teacher suggested that I talk to a teacher who's going on maternity leave in February to see if she's lined up a long-term sub yet. I saw said teacher in the copy room this morning and she seemed like she'd at least consider me as a possibility.  That would start in February and extend through the end of the year.  That would be sweet.  Well, that's it for this update.  I've gotta write lesson plans and get meself to bed.

Love yous.

2 comments:

kinetic said...

By "late" I mean, "4 hours earlier than when I'm often thinking I might be able to go to sleep these days".

Eats Shoots and Leaves said...

You're still writing! Good! Glad to hear about the possibility of a job!