I hope that my communications today are identified as "sassafras" instead of crabby, but I guess that is in the ears of the listener because truly, I was quite respectful while also being assertively truthful (unlike last week, when I repeatedly wished that my brain could beef up the myelination to speed the "SHUT UP" command). Today I was just defending the honor the finest dental staff in Saint Paul so I figure that justifies a little sassafras.
Last night after work I walked up the street to meet ncd in downtown Saint Paul. He rode his bike from Minneapolis and beat me by quite a lot. I conversed with my friend jrn on the way in. She's finishing the school year in a Catholic elementary school in CA and has to write 35 report cards by the end of the week and move to a new room for her new job as Reading Specialist next year. Good to hear she's found a way to fill her spare time now that her 8 zillion graduate classes are over for the summer.

Nate and I walked past these GIANT WRENCHES (above, not at right) on W 7th, through downtown, over the

bridge, past the Wabasha Street caves, to Boca Chica where we ate delicious dinner with "McParty" who was up from Iowa to pick up her wedding dress, and some other fab friends (at right).

Nothing much to report from this morning. Here's a shot of the first bus I ride in the morning pulling up. I'm pleased that the 53 (1st bus) and the 54 (bus I ride after I get off the light rail) have been upgraded to swanky double buses. I explain the upgrade to myself by citing record ridership, though I suppose I have no definitive evidence. This morning a man sat down next to me and had a conversation with himself about the length of the stop, muttering about the time and glancing at his watch. I studiously ignored him since he did not solicit seat partner participation and continued to read the paper. I was surprised by what a normal grandpa-type he was when I got off the bus at the light rail and had a chance to look at him. I often have difficulty suppressing my inner monologue, and I suppose once I look grandmotherly, perhaps I'll have just ceased trying.
jkd, RDA kidnapped me for Chipotle lunch today which was (literally) just what the dental assistant ordered. No pictures of that--shame!
Nothing much happened after lunch. Dr. Phillippi called. He is on a cross-country bike extravaganza. He has already survived a shoulder injury which necessitated riding a bus across the western part of Virginia and Kentucky, and he just recovered from an ear infection to get back on the road this weekend. He had his first tent sleep last night and awoke refreshed this morning to bike across the Kansas state line. He's staying in Pittsburgh tonight and unfortunately will continue across the southern part of Kansas and therefore will not see BAK bikers...right? Too bad. He is a social being and he could use an audience for his endless supply of jokes...or just the sight of other people, it sounds like.
Dental Office Basement Yoga (DOBY) tonight. I should see if Ceara's gonna show up. She performed many a midweek Sun Salutation this week so I hope she does.
5 comments:
It really irritates me when blogger will not obey my formatting commands. But that's my own fault for not being able to write code, or whatever it takes/is called and therefore having to use pre-packaged free internet blog thingies. I have been lustfully admiring wordpress lately...
Hey...umm.you been sassafrass all week. The Ole theater kids would hold up a giant sign that said SASS with an arrow pointing at you. I admire your sass. I need some, too.
Haha--everyone but an Olaf "Ole" will read that like, "The ol' theater kids". Like "the ol' hound dog." or "This ol' house."
yeah, well that's probably an accurate way to put it as well. As long as we don't turn into matadors. Ole (Olay).
yeah, well that's probably an accurate way to put it as well. As long as we don't turn into matadors. Ole (Olay).
Post a Comment