Unfortunately/Fortunately Nate got the flu on Saturday and was in bed all day, got a fever in the evening. Ceara and I were going to proceed with the Brew Review anyway since it was "what Nate would have wanted". Nate's sister-in-law, Jamie, who is a health inspector, pointed out that Noro Virus is pretty much impossible to kill and recommended a reschedule. This worked out fine for me since I had a headache that was not responding to sleep, yoga, warm bath, or more-than-the-recommended-amount of Aleve. Also, Ceara and I would like to share that Nate's puke-sound is like a cartoon.
So I re-potted some plants in the garage and put them out to be watered in the rain. Then I noticed that the bird feeder I FINALLY hung in the backyard last week was dead empty. I had a checked it the first couple days after I put it up, the forgot about it. Now I thought, "Wow, guess I shouldn't have put it in such a squirrel-friendly place if I expected it to last." I filled it up anyway, though. This was the result:
By Sunday, when it rained all day, there were up to 5 birds at a time on the feeder, 8-10 in line, and a squirrel and some more sparrows on the grounds working clean-up. As of nightfall yesterday there was about 1 cup of food left in the bottom of the feeder. Sweet. How will I afford to keep up with the urban wildlife?
Ceara and I were already out grocery shopping when Nate called to inform us that Jamie advised cancellation. Ceara had volunteered to whip up some tapas and I had enlisted her to bake a pie because Ceara A) makes the best pie crust ever while I have actually tried and always end up cursing or crying and B) makes pies for fun, on a whim, when she "feels like dessert". What a weird-o and how awesome for me? So I asked (read: wheedled) and she agreed to bake me a pie even w/o party. Look at how perfect it is--this is only about 45 minutes into the process--she's a witch!
Anyway, we spent the evening eating tacos (and pie) and watching Simon Birch. Sunday was all homework and Nate recuperating by watching up to 3 sporting events at a time with the help of picture-in-picture and Ceara's laptop. For anyone who might care (which I assume will only happen if Mom tells Dad who already knows) the Rockies have a one-game playoff this eve to determine their post-season fate. Happy October!
5 comments:
Hey kinetic, set yo blog so I can get a feed from it. Go to "customize"--maybe upper right on your page. Click on "settings," then "site feed." Adjust to your likings here. Not sure how this works with permissions, etc. but I'm too lazy to type out "chickety ... blah blah" whenever I want to look at Ceara's pie.
Oh ... and btw nice post. sorry nate was sick, but there's plenty o' fall 4 beer drinkin.
Duly set. If I try out for President or something I might temporarily switch back to a log in, but for now we'll make it a free fer all since I can't figure out how to reconcile the site feed w/ the log-in thing. And let's be honest--no one's looking for me. This blog: Stalking Free Since 2003 (okay 7). Hope you're feeling better.
Wow, everyone seems to be catching a case of the pukes! Hope Nate is feeling better. Maybe he will even get a piece of pie? Unless you ate it all!
Oh the pie is totally gone. I had a few Fight Club moments on Sunday while I was doing homework and my alter ego ate 3/4 of what was left...
Post a Comment