05 October 2007

Quick Update

People--just check THIS out and tell y'selfs a story about how I took this pup's picture. Make sure to include in your story a lake, a Bobcat (the machinery, not the animal), and a guy with a wheelbarrow.

9 comments:

kinetic said...

Erin. I know you are not working today so I expect to see a comment on this. Seriously. I am not kidding.

Eats Shoots and Leaves said...

Whaddaya mean I'm not working today? I am working today! That is, I was until 10 minutes ago. Can't think of a story right off the top of my head, but I have had some fun dog experiences this week. That one is cuter than any I've seen, though, including the blue heeler.

Andi said...

Can kids ride on there too? :)

kinetic said...

Erin--I thought you said that because you were working for that other guy on some day you had Friday and Monday off. My bad.

Andi--I made up that it is actually being marketed as a way to improve kids' balance. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Joe, and I cart this cute little pup, Joe II, around with me because he's a rescue dog. Y'see, I don't think it's worth wearing a helmet, especially at night, so when I get in a wreck, my rescue pup Joe II will get thrown free of the wreckage and will be able to run to get help as I lay there unconscious on the ground.

Sorry, maybe I've seen too many students riding around campus lately that pay $4000 a year for an education but can't shell out $30 to protect that same education. It's infuriating.

Eats Shoots and Leaves said...

Yeah, I did say that, but I meant today (October 8) and this coming Friday.

(And Jessi, that's as bad as watching little kids ride around with their helmets dangling from their handlebars instead of on their heads!)

kinetic said...

Yep. The only thing worse is seeing a family taking a sweet little Sunday ride in freakin' Minneapolis in the street and no one is wearing a helmet. It's like seeing kids riding on their parents laps in the car. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

And what about the kids I see riding with a helmet following their helmetless mom or dad? What kind of lesson does that teach? "As soon as I'm a grown-up like mom, I don't have to wear a helmet anymore." Nice.

Thanks for letting me rant on your comment page.

Andi said...

Teilee always points out the helmetless people saying, "Mommy, somebodies not wearing a helmet." I respond what should we do about that. She says, "We should put our helmets on in the car so that everybody knows that they should wear a helmet." So if a four year old gets it, what's their excuse?

How about pulling the infant out of the back seat to breastfeed in the front seat of the car during rush hour traffic? I am the biggest supporter of breastfeeding, but come on people! Your life, their life, it's not worth it.
Rant on sisters!